Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Black and Ecru

I think that black and white is really one of the most classic and elegant options for a wedding. Today I'm putting my own spin on that tradition by exchanging the white for a warm cream or ecru color.

Maybe it's the similarity of the colors to sepia photographs, the feather and rhinestone accents, or the vintage 1930's style of the dress, but I find this palette very romantic and sophisticated in a charmingly old-fashioned way.

{click to enlarge}

The domestic goddess Martha Stewart is responsible for the lovely black and cream tables and the anemone bouquet in the bottom right corner.

The cream colored bouquet on the left was photographed by Victoria Pearson.

The anemone and rose centerpieces are from The Knot.

The white with black peep-toe shoes are by Marc Jacobs.

The adorable sepia toned wedding photos are by Red Photo Co., but I saw them on one of my favorite blogs, Snippet & Ink.

The photo of the smooching couple in the bottom left is by Myrtle & Marjoram.

The ruffled chiffon dress (that I love) is Notte by Marchesa.

The cream and black wedding cake in the top right corner was made by Take the Cake, but I saw it on Hip Hostess.

My Etsy finds:

The feather hair accessories are by YJdesign.

The Fifth Avenue feather and crystal necklace is from sweetgrassmill.

The heart flags garland is from Cori Kindred.

The Thank You envelope seals are from Kisfor Calligraphy.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Alyson for featuring my "thank you" envelope seals in this beautiful collage of creamy white and black! I am in such great company! xo, Katy

    ReplyDelete