Friday, July 10, 2009

Aqua and Orange Wedding

I keep seeing the color combination of aqua and orange lately, and even though I'm not always big on orange, I love this palette. I have found so many great pictures, I think I may even make this a two part theme! I also included some dark brown accents on this board, but you could really play with this palette to customize it for spring, summer, or autumn.

{click to enlarge}

Some of my inspiration came from a really fun, whimsical circus themed wedding that was captured the photos of Josh Goleman. The details are great, including a kissing booth and the bride wearing a super short and flirty dress that you can almost picture up on the highwire. I'm also loving this trend of 'photo booth' style shots of wedding guests in funny poses or with interesting props. When we find a photographer, I'm going to have to see if we can make arrangements for something like that!

Another website that has some fantastic inspiration is amorology. I just discovered it recently, and it's definitely one of my new favorites. She recently posted a wedding with yellow, orange and aqua that I'm going to try to incorporate more in part two of this theme.

The cutesy eyelet lace look L-O-V-E sign, and the guest books in the lower right corner are from Darling Dexter, as are these color coordinated napkins:

Whitney (the voice of Darling Dexter) and her husband Dustin had a beautiful wedding with this color palette and tons of lovely DIY details.

The rest is from Etsy! I always like to include some handmade crafts into my themes, and I found a ton of great stuff using these colors!

  • The orange rosette and aqua beaded necklace (called Scent of Lisabetta) is by Sora Designs.
  • The tangerine chrysanthemum ring is by Gingeroni1.
  • The orange / aqua stripe tie is by MeandMatilda.
  • The funky bib style crocheted necklace is called Summer Statement by DaintyCrochetByAly. (Maybe I'm partial because we share a name?)
  • The invitations are called Mum Madness by Decadent Designs.
  • The turquoise button with coral flower earrings are by Sincerely Beaded.
  • The coral branches picture is by ara133photography.
  • The Clara earrings by JLeeOhioDesigns feature tiny briolette faceted citrine and moonstone with large blue topaz. While they are more expensive than what I usually try to feature here, her jewelry is really beautiful and I have to give Jennifer props for being a proud ASPCA supporter. Me too, Jennifer!
  • A more budget friendly option could be the aqua chalcedony and orange carnelian drop earrings by The Gem Shoppe.
  • I also think this Festival Felt Button Bracelet by Poor Robin is really cute with this theme:

I forgot to add this earlier, but I love love love these shoes with today's theme. They're John Fluevog Men's Rusnak in Vegas Dark Brown. I'm always happy when I can include some cool shoes or accessories for the guys!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much Alyson for featuring my Clara earrings in your lovely post. Your blog is beautiful and I'm adding it to my reading list...

    Thank you again!
    xox
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Alyson for featuring my Scent of Lisabetta necklace. I love your collection.

    Wen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aly, so fun we share names!
    I loved this combination... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for featuring my bracelet! Your blog is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this post is a tad late, but I wanted to thank you again for featuring my Sun and Sea earrings. Your blog is gorgeous and you have a great eye for photography. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete