Saturday, August 8, 2009

Wedding Dress Finds at Nordstrom!

I like to browse Nordstrom for cool clothing ideas, especially for potential bridesmaid gowns. I would like my future bridesmaids to have dresses that they consider stylish, flattering and something they would be happy to wear again. I don't want them to look like they're going to the prom. While I was looking at some of Nordstrom's special occasion dresses, I found some great ideas for bridesmaid dresses, some horrible outfits, and even a couple of particularly sickly looking models. I'll try to share some of the good, the bad and the ugly with you in the next day or two.

Today I wanted to share with you some exciting wedding dress finds from Nordstrom! They actually have a lovely little assortment of dresses and I was surprised that most of them are very reasonably priced for bridal gowns. Their prices currently range from about $63 - $625, but the majority of the gowns are under $200! In fact, only 3 of the 12 dresses I'm showing here are over $200.

These are an assortment of shorter gowns that I liked. I think any of these could be perfect for a garden wedding, a civil ceremony, or even just a sassy bride who wants to show off her gams! (I think that's the first time I've ever actually used the word gams, but I'm tickled with it right now, so humor me.)

{click to enlarge}
From left to right, top row:

  • Sue Wong Lace Back Dress
  • Maggy London Tie Waist Metallic Sheath Dress
  • Lily Strapless Floral Appliqué Party Dress (less than $120!)


  • From left to right, bottom row:

  • BCBGMAXAZRIA Strapless Appliqué Dress (this is the most expensive gown I listed at $398)
  • JS Boutique Lace Dress (also available in plus sizes)
  • Phoebe Strapless Silk Chiffon Dress

  • Here are the longer gowns that I especially liked. I love these gowns because they offer an assortment of styles, necklines, waistlines, and fabrics, but none of them make me think of a giant cupcake the way so many of the bigger bridal shop dresses do.

    {click to enlarge}
    From left to right, top row:

  • JS Boutique Beaded Cluster Gown
  • BCBGMAXAZRIA Lace & Tulle Tier Gown
  • JS Boutique Beaded Crisscross Matte Jersey Gown


  • From left to right, bottom row:

  • OC by Oleg Cassini Beaded Silk Chiffon Gown
  • Sue Wong Beaded Gown with Deep V-Back
  • JS Boutique Flutter Sleeve Chiffon Gown (Plus)
  • This is a picture of the back of the Sue Wong Beaded Gown with the Deep V-Back. It's one of the three more expensive gowns on this list at about $325, but that's still not too bad for a gorgeous and sophisticated wedding gown. I personally don't have the figure for a gown like this, but this was one of my favorite dresses on Nordstrom. I actually like the front even more than the back, but I wanted to show the delicate train.

    2 comments:

    1. I too found a nice selection of beautiful wedding dresses at Nordstrom. Those links are not working.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Karis, I went through and made sure that all of the links to the dresses are working now. I don't know why Blogger does that sometimes! Thanks for letting me know.

      ReplyDelete