Sunday, July 12, 2009

Refreshing Summer Reception Idea!

The first aqua and orange style board I posted two days ago incorporated pictures from a circus themed wedding. It had me thinking about the circus, carnivals, and going to the fair on a hot summer day. It gave me a fun idea that I wanted to share with you, especially if you're planning a summer wedding: SNOWCONES!

I did a little search and found Fresher Than Fresh Snowcones.

How adorable would it be to have someone like Lindsay and her little snowcone trailer at your outdoor reception?

It sounds like they have some really tasty and unique flavor combinations, like watermelon basil, green tea pear, lemon prickly pear and espresso with Mexican cane sugar.

If you don't live in Kansas City, you'll have to do a local search for a snowcone vendor in your area. While you might not be lucky enough to find someone with freshly made syrups, it looks like there are some fun snowcone syrup flavors readily available online. I saw a list of syrups that included flavors like Lychee, Daiquiri, Mango Margarita, and Passion Fruit. I've even seen Wedding Cake and Red Velvet Cake flavors! It'd be a great way to incorporate your palette into your reception by choosing syrups that compliment your color scheme. On the other hand, I've also seen flavors with disturbingly mysterious names like Ninja Turtle, Tiger Blood, Spongebob Squarepants, Rock N Roll, Popeye and Silver Fox. I'd steer clear of those, even if they do match your colors. :-P





P.S. It could also be a delicious and refreshing grown-up treat to make snowcones with something like Kahlua or a fruity liqueur.

No comments:

Post a Comment