Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bottle Green and Dark Cherry Red

I've been brainstorming for this theme for a while, but it took a little extra time because I decided I needed to make two inspiration boards to really get the idea across the way I was hoping.

If you're planning an early July wedding, it's the perfect time to use fresh cherries. There are several delicious varieties of cherries available, but I looked for bing cherries for this palette. On the other hand, this color palette could be made really versatile for almost any season.

{click to enlarge}

Martha Stewart is responsible for the majority of luscious cherry desserts I used in this style board. The bing cherry mojitos look especially terrific!

The heart and star shaped pocket pies are actually from Williams-Sonoma. If you've got a knack for baking, what a cute DIY idea!

The fresh cherry topped wedding cake was from a real wedding on The Knot.

The individual boxes of cherries for wedding favors are by Intimate Weddings. I've just started exploring that page, but I'm definitely going to spend more time there. MS had a similar idea, but her cherry favors are in scalloped paper bags.

{click to enlarge}

I decided to call this color bottle green, but I would also consider it a tourmaline green. Tourmaline is one of my favorite stones, so that's what I searched for on Etsy to find some beautiful accessories.

Etsy finds (from left to right):

  • Royal Ann Pearl Earrings by The Peach Tree (these are perfect for this theme!)
  • Green Tourmaline White Gold Ring by mastergoldcraft (they use conflict-free diamonds!)
  • Tessa Earrings with Green Quartz and Rock Crystal by L'atelier des Bijoux (I love the little green quartz rondelle beads!)
  • Sterling Silver and Pearl Bauble Ring by TZTUDIO (you can custom order this ring in a ton of gorgeous color combos -- these would be great bridesmaid gifts!)

The Green Tourmaline Raw Circle Solitaire Ring pictured on the top and bottom of the center row is by singleBbeautiful. Her rings are gorgeous, and many of them are stackable. I love that they're simple, handcrafted and lovely. She also uses recycled metals and gives the option of conflict-free diamonds.

The gorgeous green dress, the burgundy satin halter dress, and the longer burgundy lace halter dress are from Amazon. They're all less than $100! The dress on the model is scarlet tissue taffeta by Lazaro.

And last but not least, the shoes are all from Endless.

From top to bottom:

Mia Mabel T-Strap Pumps in Hunter Green

Nine West Hearts Mary Janes in Dark Red

Seychelles Silver Spoon Leather Wedge in Green

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous collection of items! I am honored to be featured among them. Thank you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I would like one of those cherry pocket pies right now! They look so good...mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, love this color match!! I'm thrilled to have my Pearls in the mix! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete