Friday, June 5, 2009

Aubergine and Pumpkin

Today’s palette includes the colors pumpkin and aubergine.

{click to enlarge}

The delicious looking cake slices are by the queen bee again, Martha Stewart, as is the chocolate cupcake.

I love that lovebird cake topper! A lot of cake toppers seem cheesy or over-the-top for me, but I think that one is so sweet and simple. I also really like the cake above them with the gumpaste hydrangea blossoms, but I’ll be darned if I can remember where that picture came from.

The beautiful wheat / exotic grass bouquets were photographed by a lady who is quickly becoming one of my favorites, Stephanie Williams.

The forever wood rings print is by Amelia Mae on Etsy.

The bridesmaid dresses are by After Six in eggplant and tangerine.

The mason jars are a clever idea – rather than paying twice as much for bouquets for your attendants and centerpieces for your reception, why not buy something that can be used for both? When the ceremony is done, your bridesmaids can just pop their bouquets into vases or jars and you’ve got extra floral arrangements!

I think this would be a pretty palette for autumn or late summer. It has a very homey, harvest time kind of feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment