Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I realize that most of the people checking out my blog probably aren't fathers, but today is still the day to pay tribute to our dads. You know me, I'm big on expressing myself via music, so today I have put together a list of father / daughter songs -- today they're for Father's Day, but when it comes time for the wedding, these are some of the best Father - Daughter Dance songs ever.

This is the list I put together of Father / Daughter songs, but feel free to leave a comment or send me a note if you have a great song I've missed! I decided to make it as easy as possible, so clicking on any of these links will take you right to the song or artist on Amazon.

Tissue alert: I may be on the sentimental side, but a couple of these songs have been known to make me choke up.

Father And Daughter by Paul Simon.

My Daughter's Father by Byron Hill.

Daughter by Loudon Wainwright III.

Dance With My Father by Celine Dion.

Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross.

I Loved Her First by The Heartland.

My Wish by Rascal Flatts. (I know, I already used this one for Dylan's graduation, but it's just an all around sweet song to wish someone well for their future.)

Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) by Billy Joel.

Baby by Dave Matthews.

Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder.



An all around sweet Father's Day CD is Golden Slumbers: A Father's Love.

And for Father's Day, Amazon is also offering Song for Dad by Keith Urban as a free MP3 download today!


While most dads aren't reading this, MY dad probably is, so Happy Father's Day, Dad! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment